Why you should choose PwC
If you’re looking for a rewarding career with unlimited growth opportunities, there is no better place than PwC. We have gone straight to the source to ask our recent Graduates why they chose PwC.
In the words of our Grads
- “PwC provide a culture for teams to excel and provide the opportunity for you to build strong relationships that will last a lifetime.”
- “I wanted to be a part of a company that was well-known in the industry for its reputation for providing the best service to its clients.”
- “I love being part of a team who care about you, your interests, and the wider community.”
- “PwC’s flexible way of working means that outside of client work, I can be involved with projects and committees that align with my other passions.”
- “The people in my team have incredible expertise and experience and I learn so much from them on the work I do.”
- “PwC has a culture of wanting to develop its people and, over the past few years, has supported me (financially and with study leave) to complete my legal professional studies and my CA qualification along with being admitted to the bar.”
- “The social club and sports teams are a great way to meet people within the firm and keep fit.”
- “Another great thing about PwC is the people; working at PwC exposes you to a diverse range of people from different cultures with different talents, experiences and beliefs.”
- “The support and training opportunities offered are fantastic and definitely helped make the transition from university to working life smoother.”
- “Among other things, I was attracted to PwC’s reputation, calibre of people and clients, and the opportunities offered by the firm’s global positioning.”
- “I’m part of an awesome, diverse team that’s always challenging the status quo to make improvements in some of New Zealand’s largest companies.”
You’re at a certain point of your studies and are making decisions about your future career, considering all kinds of information, listening to friends and the people close to you, but there is nothing like your own experience. An internship provides a unique taste of what it’s like to work at PwC. As an intern, you join us over the summer, for 12 – 13 weeks and build skills and confidence working with experts in the field you’re interested in.
You get the opportunity to closely interact with our staff, who provide real-time on the job coaching while working together on a variety of projects that will put into practice what you have learnt at university. We provide challenging assignments and get you involved with helping solve real client issues, within teams of highly skilled professionals. Providing you with a realistic insight into the profession, as well as the PwC culture and practice.
Overall, this opportunity will provide you with a chance to discover what a full-time role with us is all about, gain insight into our environment and get the best start to your career. Many head back to university with an offer for the Graduate programme already in hand!
Opportunities are at the heart of PwC careers. Opportunities to develop as a person, to build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything. The skills, insights and connections developed at PwC are career defining.
We provide ongoing opportunities for our Graduates to develop business skills as well as personal and technical skills. Our Graduates also have a coach and buddy to support and guide them through the process.
If you’re on the path to a professional qualification, we’re with you every step of the way. We financially support our Graduates through exams and help them prepare fully for study and exam leave. Onsite at PwC there is also widespread support from mentors, managers and peers.
Leadership is a mindset at PwC, not a job title. To us ‘leadership’ is about being yourself, being courageous and being different. As a PwC professional our Graduates will have the opportunity to demonstrate and grow their leadership potential, learning life skills which will be valuable wherever their career takes them.